Learning English in Richmond Upon Thames
Why choose to study in Richmond?
Working While you Study
Cost of Living
Like any capital city, London isn't the cheapest place in the UK to study but with such a vast choice of things to do on your doorstep it is highly recommended. To give you an idea of what it costs to live in London here are some average prices for day to day living.
- Pint of beer - around £3.50
- Single bus ticket - £1.50 (payable with an Oyster Card or a contactless payment card)
- Fish & Chips - £6
- Traditional pub lunch - £10
- Newspaper - £1
- Cinema ticket - £7 to £13
- Entry to Kew Gardens - £15 (concessions £14)
Many attractions, restaurants and shops offer student discounts so make sure you bring a valid student card.